Planing the violin did not take as much time as preparing for it. :)
I had first try to measure existing plates thickness. For this I had to split the violin, make myself a thickness calipper.
Bottom plate was already thinner as expected, so I just removed old varnish, planed and sanded the plate.
Top plate was thicker as expected with bassbar which I decided not to touch.
The scroll of this russian violin looked very poor as if made just similar to what a scroll should look like. So I deepened the "hair", carved bottom of the scroll for it to look more elegant, also made a slight angle for the players hand to be more comfortable while playing on e string.